A new ebook is available at the Microsoft Press blog titled “Microsoft Azure Essentials: Azure Machine Learning, by Jeff Barnes”. As part of the Microsoft Press Microsoft Azure Essentials series.
A brief summary was provided and I have included a chapter listing below.
- Chapter 1, “Introduction to the science of data,” shows how Azure Machine Learning represents a critical step forward in democratizing data science by making available a fully-managed cloud service for building predictive analytics solutions.
- Chapter 2, “Getting started with Azure Machine Learning,” covers the basic concepts behind the science and methodology of predictive analytics.
- Chapter 3, “Using Azure ML Studio,” explores the basic fundamentals of Azure Machine Learning Studio and helps you get started on your path towards data science greatness.
- Chapter 4, “Creating Azure ML client and server applications.” expands on a working Azure Machine Learning predictive model and explores the types of client and server applications that you can create to consume Azure Machine Learning web services.
- Chapter 5, “Regression analytics,” takes a deeper look at some of the more advanced machine learning algorithms that are exposed in Azure ML Studio.
- Chapter 6, “Cluster analytics,” explores scenarios where the machine conducts its own analysis on the dataset, determines relationships, infers logical groupings, and generally attempts to make sense of chaos by literally determining the forests from the trees.
- Chapter 7, “The Azure ML Matchbox recommender,” explains one of the most powerful and pervasive implementations of predictive analytics in use today on the web today and how it is crucial to success in many consumer industries.
- Chapter 8, “Retraining Azure ML models,” explores the mechanisms for incorporating “continuous learning” into the workflow for our predictive models.
I have mentioned the site before, but many free and current technology ebooks are available on the Microsoft Virtual Academy site.
I hope this helps. Constant learning can get expensive and all the great freebies we can find certainly helps.